How to Stay Safe During a Bar Crawl: Your Ultimate Guide to a Fun Night Out 🎉
If you're gearing up for an epic bar crawl, but worried about going out in the scary world of 2023… we are here for you. We're here to make sure you have not just the time of your life but a SAFE time as well. Because let's face it, a hangover might be inevitable, but other mishaps? Totally preventable. So grab a Cocktail and read on for our ultimate guide to bar crawl safety.
Bar crawling is all about the excitement, the atmosphere, and of course, the drinks. But as with any grand adventure, there's a way to do it right. So if you're planning a night of pub hopping, here's how to keep it fun, fantastic, and most importantly, safe. We bring you the ultimate guide to a night of fun without the fiascos.
Buddy Up: Because Friends Don't Let Friends Crawl Alone 👯
- The Buddy Rule: The unsung, universal, bar crawl rule. Don’t leave your friends! Stick with the group and don’t go off alone. Travel in pairs and packs.
- Designate a Leader: There’s one in every friend group, as we all know. Choose a responsible friend to keep an eye on things. Don’t call them a party pooper, because they’re usually the ones who make sure you get in the uber safe and know where your phone, keys, and wallet are the next morning.
- Bar Crawl Pro Tip: Friends take embarrassing photos; buddies make sure they never see the light of day.
Plan Your Ride: Your Mom Called, She Said No Drinking and Driving 🚗
- Ride-Sharing Apps: Uber, Lyft, taxis - pick your favorite. Heres a quick tip. Plan your ride. Stumbling is for the dance floor, not the street. If you're using Uber, Lyft, or taxis, have the apps ready to go and make sure your credit card didn’t expire since you used it for last years crawl!
- Public Transport: Hey, you might even meet fellow crawlers! We definitely recommend checking the schedule beforehand and planning accordingly.
- Designated Driver: If one of your friends is skipping the booze, treat them like royalty. They're your ticket home. Gold star for that friend.
Eat Up: Keep Your Energy High and Your Head Clear 🌮
- Pre-Bar Meal: Eating before drinking can slow the absorption of alcohol. Don't skip dinner! A full stomach helps absorb alcohol. It's science. It also helps to make sure you have fun and don’t get too drunk on the crawl making sure you can be fully aware of your surroundings.
- Snack Breaks: Pack some snacks or plan a munchies stop during the crawl. Your stomach called. It wants tacos.
Hydrate: Water Is Your Wingman 💧
- Hydration Help: Alternate your drinks with water: A drink, then water, then repeat. Avoid the Morning-After Sahara Desert Mouth: Enough said. Water is like a hug for your liver. Hydrate, Hydrate, Hydrate: Seriously, Drink Water 💧
- Beware of Alcohol Content: Cocktails can be tricky. Ask the bartender if you're unsure.
- Pace Yourself: It’s A Marathon Not A Sprint. Know Your Limits: You Know You Best. Dance on the Table, Not Fall Off It.
- Don’t Drink Something You Normally Wouldn’t: If you know you turn into a Tasmanian Devil when you drink Tequila, don’t take that Tequila shot! They don’t call it the Devil’s Poison for no reason! Drinking the liquor you are most comfortable with and can have the most fun on will definitely make for the best night. No one likes sad, angry, or dramatic drunks. You will thank us the next morning. Don’t be “That Person” that your friends have to take care of.
- Understand Your Body: If you start feeling dizzy or sick, take a break. It’s ok to say no. Party like a rock star, but don't crash like one.
Keep Your Stuff Safe: Phone, Keys, Dignity
- Bring Only What You Need: You really don’t need a whole lot. Bring your phone, keys, and wallet. Make sure you have your digital ticket pulled up for registration/check-in, make sure you have your ID to get into every bar, cash or card for drinks, and that’s really it! Plus, you will avoid the next-day panic search.
- Emergency Contacts: Remember at least one of your friends or families phone number in case your phone dies just before the uber comes.
Respect Others: Good Vibes Only 🙏
- Respect Others: Be the Party Guest, Not the Party Pest. You are there to have a great time and make memories and new friends. Be mindful of the people around you and be courteous not creepy.
- Follow the Bar Rules: Be respectful of the bar and venue staff. Don’t be negative, don’t complain… there are enough Karen’s in the world.
- Be Mindful Personal Space: Respect yourself and others. Be careful on the dance floor. It’s a dangerous space and elbows are flying! Haha! Just pay attention of your surroundings.
- Avoid Conflict: If an argument starts, walk away. You're there to make friends, not frenemies. Spread love, not beer.
Communicate: Keep the Group in the Loop 📞
- Share Your Location: Like we mentioned before, it’s crucial to stay together. But just in case someone gets left in the bathroom line or get’s caught up in the crows, apps like “Find My Friends” by Apple can help keep track of everyone.
- Set Meeting Points: If someone gets lost, you'll know where to find them. Connection lost? Not on your watch!
Wrap Up: Party Hard, Stay Safe
And there you have it: your comprehensive guide to staying safe during a bar crawl. It's all about balance and planning so you can focus on the fun. Go ahead, dance, laugh, and make memories - just make sure to bring your common sense along for the ride. Cheers to a fantastic (and safe) bar crawl!